Tuesday, May 3 |

A Word of Encouragement

Proverbs 3:24

"When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid; yeah, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet."



How can you sleep at night in peace? How is it possible not to be overly anxious? Because we rest in Him. Without Him I can do nothing, can be nothing. Without Him there is no love, no protection, no peace, no joy. Without Him I would be responsible for holding my world together. I'm not capable of so great a job, nor does it appeal to me. I am grateful that my life is not in my own hands. The Great God, my Great God, supplies my every need, be it shelter, food, or my next heartbeat.

I can't even imagine what some are going through right now, in the aftermath of the April tornadoes. I know I would be in shock, in fear, and in grief. However, find encouragement in this, that for those who know Him, this life is only temporary. One day, our home will be a mansion. One day we will be with our loved ones, never again to be separated. "...sorrow not, even as others which have no hope".

Ps121:1-3 "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: He that keepeth thee will not slumber".  God is not asleep at the wheel.

He's still in control.

Fight the good fight,
Jenny

Psalm 23


The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: 

he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: 

he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 

I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; 

thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: 

thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: 

and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.



0 comments:

Post a Comment