Friday, April 1 |

Proverbs 1

Proverbs chapter one is about pursuing wisdom. Wisdom is personified and begs repeatedly for us listen to her. For those who do not seek her, the consequences are quite drastic.


"Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;" vs24 this is what will happen:


1) I will laugh at your calamity vs26

2) Fear, destruction, distress, and anguish will come vs27

3) You will call and I (wisdom) will not answer vs28

4) You will  be slain by the simple, and destroyed by the prosperity of fools. vs32

BUT - 'whoso harkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil'. vs33

We all know at least one person who is not wise, and watched their lives spiral out of control. They live perpetually in mayhem and anguish. What a sobering example.

Fight the good fight,
Jenny



0 comments:

Post a Comment