Thursday, June 24 |

Little Gems

Since there are so many statements Oswald Chambers makes in his Devo "My Utmost for His Highest", I've decided to share. Every day I do a devo and find a remarkable, profound, or revealing statement, I'm going to share.

June 23rd - "Sin is blatant mutiny against God., and either sin or God must die in my life.... If sin rules in me, God's life in me will be killed; if  God rules in me, sin in me will be killed". How can you get any plainer? The life of one means the death of the other. You choose!

June 24th - "The pure man or woman is the one who is shielded from harm, not the innocent person. The so-called innocent man or woman is never safe. Men and women have no business trying to be innocent; God demands that they be pure and virtuous. Innocence is the characteristic of a child". (Italics mine). I am not innocent, and don't strive to be. I strive to be pure and virtuous.














0 comments:

Post a Comment